Walter Pichler was born in 1936 in Deutschnofen (south-tirol). From 1952 to 1955 visiting the industrial school in Innsbruck. Then graphic studies at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna until 1959. In 1960 one-year-stay in Paris. From 1962 to 1969 occupation with architecture, design and object art. In 1963 first exhibition at the famous vienna gallery „Galerie St. Stephan“ (with Hans Hollein) and stays in New York and Mexico. 1972 acquisition of a farm in the southern Burgenland St. Martin an der Raab, addition and renovation for his sculptures. 1985 Great Austrian State Prize. 1990 construction Gate to the Garten, Museum of Applied Arts Vienna. Walter Pichler was sculptor, architect, draftsman, book designer and object artist. He made a lot of sketches, drawings and models and combined materials, which a very difficult to combine. Time was an important material for him, on an equal footing with materials such as wood, plastic, clay, lead, tin and zinc. Since 1963 he had exhibitions at home and abroad. Walter Pichler died in 2012 in Vienna.